Friday, 29 July 2011

Breath of fresh air!

Taking a break from my posts about the Vancouver IMATS I have the photos from my shoot with Photographer Maggie McKay! We had a fantastic model come out and wear a beautiful Grecian dress (even as it started to cool down!) and gorgeous jewel toned jewelery.


We wanted to play around with the bright colors in the jewelery and bring that up into the makeup. I used green and blue around the eyes, with a little bit of yellow for highlight. My trusty NARS Copacobana highlighter went onto the cheekbones, with a little bit of contouring.


The lips are an Elizabeth Arden pink, that I love because it is so vibrant! And I truly believe that anyone can wear a lipstick this bright, even if their first instinct is to shy away from it. For a more natural look, I would use natural tones on the lids with a little bit of liner rather than the bright tones that I used here.


We shot up on Nose Hill here in Calgary, which is why there is the beautiful clear sky behind our lovely model. I really hope to do more outside shoots, as they really create a different atmosphere.


Coming soon: More information on the 2011 Vancouver IMATS, as well as unseen photos from previous shoots and new photos from shoots here in Calgary!

Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment