Thursday, 16 June 2011

Bedroom Beauty

Another series of photos from my fabulous shoot with Sam Green at Samantha Green Photography. These ones feature a softer side of beauty, emulating the romanticism of Boudoir Photography. My very beautiful model is fellow makeup artist Katianne Marsh, whose own work can be found here.




I used soft corals and brown on her eyes, with my favorite liquid eyeliner. The highlighter I used this time was Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl, which gives a beautiful soft golden glow on the cheekbones. For blush I used NARS' Orgasm, and I kept the lips soft with a lovely Benefit lipgloss.



What we wanted to achieve with these shots was a natural beauty that reminds you of that just woken up look. Of course, we all wish we could wake up looking this good! Talia Murchie pinned up Katie's hair into retro pin-curls to keep with our pinup theme, but with a soft modern twist.


We threw down a black furry blanket for Katie to pose on, to complete the romantic feel. I definitely want to expand into Boudoir Photography makeup more, because I love the idea of capturing that moment when a woman feels as though she can take on the world.

Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment