Saturday, 28 May 2011

Passion for Pinups

One area of makeup that I definitely want to get more into is doing Pin Up and Burlesque styles. I love the classic feel of the looks, and how fun they end up being! I recently had the chance to work with Sam Green again with a photoshoot that focuses on exactly that: Pin Up makeup!

We spent a full afternoon doing looks on three different models, while trying to keep true to how I feel about makeup: It should never stop being fun! I was lucky that this time I didn't even have to attempt to do the hair, as I had Talia Murchie with me styling all the hair for the shoot. We got to do a number of different looks, but we'll start with one of my favorites. You may recognize my model, as she previously modeled for my pink rose fantasy post.



Catlyn looked amazing in our glamour pinup shots, and here are some of my favorites! We really went for old school sexy, with the fedora, cigarette holder, and opera gloves. I love the way Catlyn can pose, and really work the look. And she's holding that pose in high heels!


We took the bandeau top off for a couple of the other shots, so be warned the looks get a little risque in the next two shots. But let's face it, classic pinup was all about sex appeal and beautiful women!


 For this makeup look I relied on my Rimmel foundations, my NARS Copacobana highlighter, and my NARS Pandora for the eyes. I also used my favorite red lipstick from MAC, Russian Red.
 
Keep coming back to see more looks from this photoshoot, which I will be posting throughout the month of June!

Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment