Saturday, 14 May 2011

Black and Yellow Beauty

I love the boldness and brightness of the color yellow! Everything about it just makes me think happy thoughts, and any time I get to use yellow in my makeup looks I do a little happy dance inside. Recently I've had the opportunity to do two dramatic looks using yellow and black. The first look came from from a shoot with Sam Green at www.justsamanthagreen.com, where my model was fellow makeup artist Talia Murchie.



I love how the yellow makes her eyes just pop! I used the Makeup Forever Flash Color Palette for the yellow and black, the NARS Copacobana highlighter on her cheekbones, and my favorite bronzer from Pur Minerals for a contour.

 

The second look was with Roger Hur from www.mandmphotographie.com,  where I didn't use any yellow in the makeup, but the beautiful color was instead draped around my amazing model Kendra.

 

I used the same highlighter and bronzer on the cheekbones as the first look, and I used the Make Up Forever Flash Color palette on the lips, with the Rimmel lip gloss in black.


Don't believe me when I say yellow will bring out your happy dance? Try it for yourself! Next time you're feeling a little down, throw on something in yellow and enjoy the extra bounce in your step!


Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment