Monday, 7 March 2011

Alley Editorial

I have a confession to make: I am horrible at styling hair. Absolutely horrible. They tried to teach me, but let's face it, it is not my strength. Which is why I jumped at the chance to collaborate with hair styling student Trisha Stadnyk for a series of shots. The first look we did was an editorial style shoot that was shot in the alleyway outside of the Robson campus of Blanche MacDonald. The look involved a strong smokey cat eye with harsh edges. There was no softness to the makeup, which is why I like the contrast of the soft hairstyle with it.




I contoured the cheeks slightly, and used my favorite highlighter Highbeam from Benefit cosmetics. My favorite black to use on the eyes is NARS Cosmetics' Pandora, which goes on smooth and true. I also use the NARS Smudge proof eyeshadow base, which always means less touch up work for me to do later!






I got to do several other shoots with Trisha, that I will be posting here over the next few weeks!



Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment