Thursday, 17 February 2011

She wants to be a real girl!

I love taking inspiration from different places. This piece, which was my first full body airbrushing work, was inspired by Pinocchio, 1950's pinups, and my best friend.




The concept behind this piece was to have a wooden doll painting herself to life. The poses and personality I took from 1950's Vargas girls, with their sexy innocence. The wooden effect was the hardest part, and I am extremely proud of how it turned out. The only thing I would have changed is I would have emphasized the highlight and shadow of the painted flesh effect. Something I learned for next time!






Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

1 comment: