Friday, 25 February 2011

Blast from the Past

One style of makeup that I want to explore more is the 1920s. I love the dark eyes and lips, the soft seductiveness of the makeup, and the overall feel from the era of prohibition. I had the luxury to do my own version of a 1920's makeup in a past photo shoot, and looking back at the photos it really makes me want to work with that decade even more!



On the lips I used one of my favorite dark lip colors "Cyber" by MAC. My model looked fantastic with the smokey eye, and definitely pulled it off! The trickiest part of the 1920s were the thin dark brows, but I was lucky that my model had light colored hair!



Check back soon for my next take on the 1920s makeup styles, which I hope to do within the next month or two!

Jordan Jeffrey is a Canadian makeup artist who believes everything that can be conceived of can be created. She can be contacted at jordanj.moore@gmail.com or jojeffrey.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment